CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Asher eating...well, almost.

Well, I've tried to start Asher on solids, but he doesn't seem to be taking it very well, yet. Everything I've given him has been met with the same response. Even applesauce! I thought EVERY child liked applesauce! But as you can see, he makes faces, puts his hands in front of his mouth, keeps his mouth closed, and looks every other direction he can to get away from this apparently yucky stuff. Any helpful hints on how to get him to like food are welcome! (and yes, I narrate my videos from time to time)

2 comments:

Melissa Stephenson said...

Ha ha! It is so funny to watch Holly. =) I did read somewhere that it can take up to 15 tries for a baby to get used to a new taste, so I think you are doing the best thing to keep trying! =) Also, one thing I thought of - trying maybe to put some breast milk on a spoon so he can simply get used to the spoon idea? Good luck - I think these boys of ours love to test our patience whenever they can =)

Chris and Tiana said...

That's so funny...Clara Beth still won't eat applesauce, or almost anything else. She wouldn't ever even put it in her mouth, so she never got to make a yucky face because she never even tasted it. She still eats hardly anything, and believe me....I got plenty of advice and none of it worked. Plus I'm a dietitian! Some kids just don't eat well. I hope Asher gets better, but if he doesn't, I'm sure he won't starve. If Clara hasn't starved yet after 20 months of eating almost nothing at all, then he'll be fine. :) Have fun!