CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

I haven't had a chance to post in a while because we were out of town on VACATION! It was much needed, and as has been the case with our previous 3 vacations, I got sick! So, I'm now finally recovered from our vacation. We flew up to Billings, Montana and rented a vehicle to drive to Gardiner, MT to stay for 2 nights while we visited Yellowstone National Park. It was my first time there, and since Paeter's not much of an outdoorsman or sightseer (as most of you know!) I thought this might be my only chance to see the place! :-) It was HUGE and BEAUTIFUL! We didn't have the time to stop at very many of the attractions, but just driving around inside the park was amazing. There were snowcapped mountains, and rolling hills with trees and a river running near the road most of the time. It was so nice to be somewhere cool and green! Here are a few pictures that we took along the way (in no particular order).


Here's Paeter and Asher at Mammoth Hot Springs. I was a little confused at the name, because there really weren't very many "springs." It was mostly this white ground built up in terraces with a tiny steaming trickle of water here and there. Maybe we didn't go to the right place. It was still nice to see, but confusing to me. I didn't do a whole lot of research before we went, so there are probably a lot of things that I missed and history that I could have learned, but we just didn't have the time to go into all that stuff.



Here we are at "Lower Falls" (you can see the waterfall waaaaaay in the background). It was very beautiful, but at the end of the day, Asher was VERY tired and half asleep when we took this picture. This was our last stop of the day so we could get Asher home to bed. (And, Mandy, that's my ERGO carrier!)




Here is the view from the deck of our hotel. Each room had a door out to it's own deck, where you can take in the beautiful view and hear the rushing river below.





Of course one of our stops HAD to be "Old Faithful." And it was just that! It went off very close to the predicted time that it would. It erupts approximately every 92 minutes. Very fun to see in person!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY ERGO! :) Looks like you had a lot of fun!!!