CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The AFTER pictures...

After Asher was in the pool, I decided that he needed a haircut BADLY!! (actually I had known for WEEKS that he needed one, but just didn't have the time!) So, I decided spur of the moment to take him over to a children's hair salon that several friends had GREAT experiences with their kids at. And when I got there, I found out they were closed...for GOOD! Oh, boy, now what was I going to do?! So, I decided, "here goes nothing!" and I sat him in his booster seat and put his favorite video on (which was only 30 minutes long so I had to work quickly!), gave him a PILE of Goldfish crackers and went to work. I really didn't have any idea what I was doing and as I got partway into the haircut, it really LOOKED like I had no idea what I was doing. But, the more I cut, the more I seemed to get the hang of it, and in the end I was really PROUD of the outcome! I thought I did a darn good job! :-) Yay! I was so scared that I was gonna have a very funny looking little boy when I was done. But what a relief that I didn't! So, here are the pictures I took immediately afterwards. Asher did surprisingly well! The only thing he had trouble with was when the scissors got close to his ears. He didn't like the sound of them. (and now it's actually time to do it all over again!)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How handsome is he!? Great job mom!! I can't believe how much he looks like Daddy....sooo handsome!

kvanzandt said...

Great job, Holly! Frank or I have always cut the kids hair...Frank started doing the boys now that he usually does it with clippers! I didn't know what I was doing when I did it the first time either! He looks like such a big boy! : )