CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bump on the head!

I'm not sure why I took this picture, but I think it's because I wanted to show the bump that Asher got after hitting his head on the tub. You see, Asher LOVES to take a bath (water, of course), so when he's walking around upstairs in the house, he likes to visit the bathroom, I think in hopes that there might be some water in the tub (he hasn't yet discovered that there's ALWAYS water in the toilet, probably because the lid is always closed. Whew!). This time he got really excited as he headed for the tub and wasn't quite steady on his feet, and fell forward just as he was approaching the tub. Well, he was just far enough away that his hands couldn't catch him, and just close enough that his head COULD--OUCH! So his head hit FIRST on the side of the tub, and I think my intake of breathe scared Paeter more than the bang of Asher's head. It sure was a scary event to watch, though. Well, Asher turned out just fine, execpt for this new red patch and slight bump on his forehead. But, I think I still gave him a treat because I felt so bad that I wasn't able to keep him from falling. Okay, so here's my deep thought (how many of you knew THIS was coming!)...I guess this is a metaphor for life. No matter how much I want to keep him safe from everything harmful, I won't always be there to catch him when he falls. But, that's good for him, because how else will he learn to stand on his own two feet?

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: